YOUR TAXES; State Laws On Where You Live And Earn

And if you want to live somewhere that you get more bang for your buck. While Louisiana teachers don’t earn very high wages, they do have the luxury of living in a state with the third-lowest real.

If you earn a $50,000 salary, you might think that you won’t have to pay very much in taxes. The truth is that in many states, you’ll have to kick back a bigger percentage of your pay than you’d like.

Billionaire Nelson Peltz inks big mortgage on massive Palm Beach mansion – South Florida Business Journal Nelson Peltz (born June 24, 1942) is an American businessman and a founding partner, together with Peter W. May and Edward P. Garden, of Trian Fund Management. L.P., an alternative investment management fund, based in New York. He is non-executive chairman of the Board of The Wendy’s Company and a director of Legg Mason, Mondelz International and Ingersoll Rand.*** In Florida Beware of Rescue Mortgage Scams ***

If you earn money in both states where you live part-time, you generally will pay taxes on the portion of income earned in each state. In some states, you may be required to report all income, but will be given credit for that earned or taxed in another state.

Most people in the U.S. live and work in the same state, which makes state taxes pretty easy to understand – you pay taxes to the state where you live and work. But what if you live in one state and work in another? Do you pay taxes to the state where you live? Where you earn an income? Both?! You need to pay taxes to both.

Since you "live" in NC and your state of residency (per you) is NC, NC is going to tax the wages regardless of where they are earned – and there is no tax credit because no other state can tax the wages because the earnings are not earned within any other state.

No. NYC’s income tax surcharge is based on where you live, not where you work. I had paid a “NYC Commuter Tax” until 1999, now good riddance. The steep nyc income tax surcharge (in addition to Fedeal and NY state income taxes) is also why some New.

On your resident tax return (for your home state), you list all sources of income, including that which you earned out-of-state. On your nonresident tax return (for your work state), you only list the income that you made in that state. In most cases, your home state will allow you to claim a tax credit on your resident tax form for the taxes that you paid to your work state. NON-EMPLOYMENT INCOME